Been on the road since...

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Running Into a Slow April

Everything for the past few weeks has been really chill. After all the excitement in March from travelling to New York to accepting my job, April has been kind of boring. I haven't had any tests, papers, meetings, school work, etc, etc, so I've been laying out by the pool and training for my 10k race in May.

After working on my tan, I like to go run in the late afternoon in the neighborhood next to mine with a great lake view and rolling hills. I usually go about 3 to 3 1/2 miles everyday to unwind. I started running back in January as an "I've got to exercise somehow when I travel, why not take up running since I can do it anywhere?" type of thing. Since then I sleep so much better and have so much more energy. It gives me time alone to think about everything that is going on in my life, which has really helped with relieving stress. It wasn't until later that I decided to start training for a 10k (6.2 miles). Running has really started to grow on me, surprisingly... but I'll let you know if my mind changes after the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment