Been on the road since...

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, October 25, 2010

University of North Carolina Wilmington

Going to the beach in the middle of October... Yes please!! The University of North Carolina Wilmington is a beautiful beach side school located just off of Carolina Beach in North Carolina. This huge campus has everything from palm to pine trees giving the school a unique beachy feel with a dash of the North Carolina wilderness.


While visiting Wilmington I got to visit a lot of local hot spots. One of my favorites was Dockside Bar and Grill. This restaurant was right on the water overlooking the bay and had a dock where boats could just drive up, anchor, and come in for something to eat. I enjoyed a great meal while watching the sunset.


I also got to lay out at beautiful Carolina Beach. One day it was 88 degrees with no clouds so I took full advantage of the opportunity to work on my now non-existent tan. It was absolutely beautiful although much different than the white sand beaches I'm used to in Florida.


Finally, I got to visit Audriana's, a local restaurant that had the best lobster and crab cakes I had ever eaten. It was located right off the board walk in downtown Wilmington right near the huge battleship docked in the marina. While eating, Bibis and Black, a local band entertained the crowd during their final show in Wilmington. It was a lovely end to a wonderful trip to a beach town school.


No comments:

Post a Comment