Been on the road since...

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

University of Rhode Island


Wow! Rhode Island is beautiful. The water, the trees, the beaches, its all wonderful. Before getting to URI I was a little intimidated thinking that everyone there would be straight out of New York City and own a summer home in the Hampton's; that was only true for half the people I met while visiting. The luxurious life style that some of these people are living is right out of the movies, but it isn't as common as one would think.

Either way the girls living in the sorority house at URI are not hurting in any way. Their personal chef makes grill to order meals from 7am to 1pm and then a buffet dinner at 6pm. I personally enjoyed the egg white omelet and pita pizza a few times...not to mention some of the best lobster cakes, clam pasta, and sushi ever. Yes, I've decided I was made to live a life of luxury in Rhode Island.

While there I also got to visit Newport. A quaint little ocean town with sail boats, bicycles, and oh yeah huge mansions. Try having the Vanderbilt's and Rockefeller's as your neighbors! Everything there was beautiful from the water to the cobblestone streets. Brittany, the girl who was kind enough to be my tour guide, took me to lunch at one of the nicest cafes in town and showed me all the neat shops and piers around Newport. I had the best time. In a couple of years you can send all mail to my new home's address....










1 comment:

  1. i'm so jealous!! when you're finished with this tour of the country, you'll have a very good idea about where you'll want to settle down... and it may not be huntsville (gasp)!!

    ps: WHEN are you coming out west?????

    ReplyDelete