Been on the road since...

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Tarleton State University

Home of the Dr. Pepper Factory, the "Purple Poo," and Tarleton State University; Stephenville, Texas is a quaint little town rich in tradition and hospitality. Since I was going to be visiting Texas for the third time this semester, I figured I would know it all... tarantellas, bar-b-que, and country music. Little did I know that because the great state of Texas is so huge, I would be greeted in what seemed to be a completely different world.


To be honest, I really never enjoyed Dr. Pepper... until now!! Dublin, Texas has its very own Dr. Pepper Factory. I got to tour the museum and try the original Dr. Pepper formula that uses imperial sugar. It was actually really great because it was completely different than the Dr. Pepper you and I both grow up on. From Dr. Pepper Floats to Dr. Pepper Cakes I tried it all. I even spent the next 3 weeks with a pound of Dr. Pepper Cake Mix in my purse just to bring home to make for my best friend since kindergarten, Caitlin, who has been obsessed with Dr. Pepper since we were kids. Hopefully it tastes as good as it does in Dublin.

You may be asking yourself: "What in the heck is the 'Purple Poo?'" Honestly, the "Purple Poo" is a time honored tradition at Tarleton University that is bestowed upon only the most elite students and consists of secretly dressing up in masks and doing silly, crazy things around campus. They wear their masks all the time and are never revealed until graduation. These men and women are hand selected by previous "Poo Members" and this is the highest honor one can receive at Tarleton. I personally was intrigued by these masked students. Not only do the look and act completely ridiculous, but they are supported by students and administrators alike. I obviously had to take a picture with these honorable people. But I still left confused: Why hasn't any of the students pulled off the "Purple Poo's" masks? I know I thought about it a couple times.

Three trips to Texas down.... and zero to go. I'm sad I won't be getting to visit Texas again in the Spring but I've made a lot of great friends and memories in this state. So bye Texas and thanks for a great time!!

1 comment:

  1. sorry to say but Dublin doesn't make the original Dr. Pepper anymore. Dr. Pepper took all of their stuff away. but they do make their own brand which is almost better.
    Go TEXANS!!!

    ReplyDelete