Been on the road since...

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Texas A&M


What an eventful trip! I had a great time visiting a big south western school with great traditions and pride of their own. From Midnight Yell to game day dresses, the students in College Station, Texas know how to get ready for a football game.

After talking football with some Texans, we switched to politics. Usually I try to stay away from hot topics like that but when George Bush Sr., his wife, and Laura Bush show up to town obviously people are going to talk about it. Yes, although I was in the same town as a former president, I did not get to meet him or even get close enough to take a picture. Right before his arrival some students decided to have a protest again the legalization of carrying guns on campus by having fake AK-47 on campus. After the school went on lock down for about 5 hours, let's just say that the president wasn't too thrilled about making a public appearance. Either way, neat story to say I was in the same city as George Bush Sr.

All in all my second trip to Texas was just as exciting and eventful as my first. Texas A&M has a huge campus and over 50,000 students. It was very neat just to look around and take in the size of the campus; very different from majority of the schools I've visited. College Station was a neat place but it would take more than just 6 days to explore and see everything there is to see!


No comments:

Post a Comment