Been on the road since...

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, September 27, 2010

Ferris State University

Big Rapids, Michigan home of Ferris State University has recently been experiencing a cold front. While visiting this lovely school in the northern part of the state, I was shocked at the 50 degree weather and icy wind chill. I was not expecting to have to sleep in a sweatshirt or a borrowed pair of sweatpants, but it worked out and I made it out alive.

While at Ferris State I got to work with a small chapter that had just finished with recruitment. They had some great new members but still had room for growth. After doing a presentation on being a "dynamic conversationalist" we kicked off a big campaign to expand even further and get ten additional new members. I'm looking forward to hearing about their success in the upcoming week.

Additionally, I had my first experience at a Bob Evan's Restaurant. For those of you, like me, who have never heard of this fine establishment before, think Waffle House meets Cracker Barrel. What an experience. After enjoying blue berry pancakes, we went to pay at the register and the cashier, Jan, motioned for us to hold on as she checked out the mailman who had just walked into the restaurant. She stood there for a moment and as he left she said, "That just made my day, what a great piece of eye candy." Instantly I thought to myself.... No Jan, you just made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment