Been on the road since...

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, September 6, 2010

Purdue

In another life I definitely went to Purdue! I'm pretty sure if I had the chance I would go to school here and love every minute of it. Surprisingly, West Lafayette, Indiana is a lot like Auburn. Here are some unique similarities:

  • Best Schools: Pharmacy, Vet, Interior Design, Engineering, and Aviation


  • Small Town: Without Purdue, West Lafayette has nothing.


  • Pedestrians: Get hit by cars because they think they ALWAYS have the right of way.


  • Call Outs: Nope, Auburn isn't the only school with that tradition.


  • Athletics: Although football may not be the biggest sport going at Purdue, they all have their athletic gear on.


  • Battle Cry: BOILER UP!!!


All the similarities made me feel right at home. I loved being at Purdue and enjoyed the small town feel with a big school atmosphere. On the other hand though, Purdue had some really neat traditions of their own, which I got to experience first hand.


One of which being DEN POPS!! It is hard to explain, but a Den Pop is simply a "suicide" of coke products that you can make yourself. They had different kinds that you could try my favorite being "The Sorostitute." This consisted of Diet Coke, Cherry Coke, and Cream Soda. Sounds different but its amazing, I had one almost every day.


Another neat thing about Purdue was that they had their very own diner that was visited by Guy Fieri on Food Network's: Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. Triple X is a small diner that serves a little bit of everything but is known for their "Peanut Butter Hamburger." I wasn't too sure about that so I stuck with a breakfast omelet. Either way, it was neat to see a Purdue local hot spot with a unique touch.

My visit here was extremely enjoyable and unique. I had the best time and even purchased my very own Purdue sweatshirt. I will never forget my visit here and hope to come back in the future. Boiler Up and War Eagle!!




No comments:

Post a Comment